Spaghetti-Alfredo Pasta Sauce
photo by Chef Sel
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 ounce) can roasted red pepper alfredo sauce (Classico Brand, 1 can, 15 oz)
- 1 (26 ounce) can chunky garden vegetable spaghetti sauce (Ragu Brand, 1 can, 1 lb 10 oz)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) boxes penne pasta (I use Ronzoni's Smart Taste penne, it is high in fiber and calcium. However, you can use whichever b)
- salt and pepper
- Follow directions on box to make pasta noodles.
- (You can use any kind of pasta noodles you want, such as shells or spirals, but I use penne because I think the sauce sticks well to the penne pasta.).
- As for the pasta sauce --
- Turn stove on to medium heat and add oil in a medium-sized pot.
- Once the oil is hot, saute the minced garlic until light brown.
- Once the garlic is light brown, pour Ragu spaghetti sauce and Classico alfredo sauce into the pot.
- Stir the sauces together to make a beautiful orange colored sauce.
- Turn heat up to medium-high until the sauce boils.
- Turn heat back down to medium and add salt and pepper to taste. (I usually do not add very much, just a few pinches of each.)
- (Optional!) Add crushed red pepper to add a spicy kick to the sauce. If you want you can add more or less, it is really up to you!
- Serve pasta noodles on plates and pour sauce over each serving. (I would not recommend mixing the pasta into the sauce until it is ready to serve because the noodles will get soggy.).
- Enjoy! =O.
I'm not a fan of jarred alfredo sauce, but bought some of the Classico because it was on clearance for 50 cents! Your recipe was perfect- I will make this again. I added a small chopped onion & doubled the garlic. I put this sauce on cheese tortellini w/ some peas added. Left out the red pepper flakes for the sake of my 3 yr old. He is picky & loved this!