Southwestern Turkey Burgers
From my sister Jackie's favorite cook book Cook Yourself Thin; she swears by it and everyone loved these burgers.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄3 lbs ground turkey
- 4 ounces green chilies, diced, drained
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese
- 4 kaiser rolls, whole wheat
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves, Romaine
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- Mix ground turkey and green chilies together.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Heat skillet with 2 or 3 spritzes canola oil.
- Make 4 patties so they fit in a bun.
- Fry on low heat covered.
- Flip burgers; add cheese.
- Cover again until cheese melts.
- On kaiser roll, start with sliced avocado; add sliced red onion, lettuce leaf, and sliced tomato.
- Make sandwiches; cut in half.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation