Southern-Style Oven Fried Chicken
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Another WW recipe that I've added to my collection. YUMMY! You won't believe it isn't really fried. Serving size is 1 chicken breast (4 oz.)(5 WW points)
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 3 ounces buttermilk
- 3⁄4 cup corn flake crumbs (leave some big pieces, DO NOT crush the flakes into a fine powder)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (four 4 oz pieces)
- Preheat oven to 365ºF.
- Lightly coat an 8 X 8 X 2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine flour, salt and cayenne pepper together in a medium-size bowl.
- Place buttermilk and corn flakes crumbs in 2 separate shallow bowls.
- Roll chicken breast halves in flour mixture and evenly coat each side.
- Next dip chicken into buttermilk and then corn flakes crumbs.
- Place coated chicken breasts in prepared baking dish.
- Bake until chicken is tender and no longer pink, about 20 minutes (there is no need to flip the chicken during baking).
- NOTE: The first time I made this my chicken breasts were about 6-8 ounces a piece.
- It ended up taking about 45-50 minutes to cook.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is a very easy way to prepare healthy, crunchy, moist chicken! I think the cornflakes could use some seasonings, they were a little plain for my taste. But this recipe can be adjusted easily to fit one's tastes. I baked mine for exactly 20 minutes and it was perfect. Thanks for the healthy recipe!Reply
see 3 more