- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) bag elbow macaroni
- 4 (8 ounce) cans corn, drained
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) cans peeled diced tomatoes
- 4 (4 1/2 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 lbs hamburger meat
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- Combine meat, garlic, onion, red pepper, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Cook until meat is ready and then drain grease from meat.
- While meat is cooking, boil noodles as directed on their bag.
- Combine cooked meat mixture, cooked noodles, and all other ingredients in a large pot.
- Cover and cook over med-low heat until thoroughly heated throughout.
- Serve and enjoy!
- This is even better the next day.
- Can be frozen too!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I am not a very versitale cook but I did reconize several things hat I wanted to change -- after first following the published recipe exactly. 6 servings: 1 In order to cook the Macaroni I used 1+ cup of Clamato Sause. 2 Corn -- I used frozen. 3 Crushed Red Pepper Flakes -- 1tbs. 4 Cayene Pepper -- 1/4 tsp. 5 Added 1 tbs Zat Creo Seasoning. 6 Added 1/2 cup Bell Peppers (Red & Yellow). 7 Added 8 oz Mushrooms. 8 Add 1 or more cups of Clamato Sause for proper moisture content. Makes 4 - 1qt freezer bags full.
I really enjoyed this...but my stepson hated it. After 2 bites he was asking me for more bread, and giving me that tortured look when I told him he had to eat his dinner first. So I think our combined scores on this averages out to about a 4, since I know my husband will like it. I really lightened up on the red pepper flakes and cayenne though, as I know neither of my kids would have been able to handle that much heat. I froze it for about a week before we ate it tonight. If it wasn't for my stepson, I would make this again because, as I said, I really liked it! Thanks!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> I am married to my best friend. We've been together for over eight years. I love to cook more than anything on earth. Cooking is definitely my "hobby". And I love to eat too, so that works out...hahahaha. I adore animals and have 2 cats and the 2 most wonderful dogs on this planet.