Southern Pound Cake
Delicious! This is the best pound cake I've ever had. It's great for dessert, but also wonderful buttered and toasted for breakfast!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour a tube pan.
- Cream sugar and Crisco well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each egg.
- Alternately add flour, milk and vanilla, beating after each addition.
- Pour into greased and floured tube pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Cool 10 minutes in pan, then invert onto cooling rack.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This went on the breakfast table for company this morning. It was very well received and I doubt that there will be any left tomorrow. The recipe worked very well and delivered a very nice pound cake with a very good texture (it even toasted rather well). I used the butter flavored Crisco and that with the 5 eggs gave a lovely soft yellow color. Easy to put together, I made it last night after dinner and it was perfect this morning.Reply
see 1 more