Southern Fried Catfish Nuggets
photo by Ebony P.
- Ready In:
- 1 -2 lb catfish nuggets
- 1 egg
- 2 cups buttermilk (can use regular or lowfat milk)
- 3 cups cornmeal
- salt and pepper (other seasonings you want)
- Put oil in a skillet until it is halfway up or you can use a deep fryer, a deep fryer is actually best for these. Heat until hot or if using skillet use medium high heat.
- In a large bowl beat egg with a fork, add buttermilk to it. Beat again to incorporate.
- In another big bowl put cornmeal and seasonings to taste.
- Rinse nuggets and dip into milk mixture, depending on how many you have you could probably fit them all in at one time.
- Take a few out of the milk and dip in to the cornmeal, roll around to get it coated good, then put into oil.
- If using skillet put them in until skillet is full. fry 3 minutes, turn and fry another 2-3 minutes. If using a deep fryer fry 5 minutes, about halfway through stir them around to break up any that might have clumped together. They are done when golden brown and flake easily with a fork.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My friend's mom was diagnosed with brain cancer. Tonight was her first night home after the emergency surgery. We asked her what she wanted for dinner, and she said homemade catfish. We are both late 20s males who have never attempted anything like this before, but a quick google search brought us here. Followed this recipe, and it came out amazing. She loved it. We loved it. Thank you.
see 10 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I just had my 2nd little boy this past Jan of 08. isn't he cute? i had my other little one Jan of 06. he's rotten and a cutie also!! So now i have 2 Jan boys! My hubby's in the Army so we move every few years. Right now we are in our home state of TX! and happy to be back, close to family that can babysit for us! hubby is gone for a whole yr right now, so the baby will grow up without him right now. I've lived all over the world, the only place i haven't made it to yet is Europe, hopefully someday! <a href="http://www.glitter-graphics.com"><img src="http://dl9.glitter-graphics.net/pub/487/487219z1x4ryv6ny.gif" width=215 height=215 border=0></a><a href="http://www.glitter-works.org" target=_blank>glitter-graphics.com</a> Participation & Awards: <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/ZaarWorldTourPartBanner.gif" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/beartag_1_1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/adopted_1_1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"> <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/World%20Tour/ZWT2.gif"> <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/jessicatjink/teambanner1.gif" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"></a> <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/jessicatjink/ZWT3-Participation.gif" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"></a>