This is a delicious, savory, quick meal that my mom used to make when I was little and it even won a local contest once. It's great with a salad and some hot buttered bread. Enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 lb hamburger, browned and drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans
- 2 (11 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 5 -6 slices crisp bacon, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In casserole put hamburger, all three cans of beans, bacon, and onion soup mix, stir well.
- Mix together in a bowl, ketchup, vinegar, mustard, and salt and pepper, mix well. Pour into hamburger and bean mixture, stir well.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was great! I made it in a 9x13 casserole pan. Because I try to cut back on salt when I can I replaced the onion soup with Recipe #204180 using (1 tablespoon onion and 1 teaspoon garlic). Skipped the salt and for the pepper used chipotle powder. Added 1 teaspoon parsley. Used very lean beef that didn`t need to be browned first. So I tossed everything into the pan and baked. Can`t be any easier! Thank you!Reply