Sour Cream Dessert Omelet
- Ready In:
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 eggs, separated
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1 cup berries, fresh
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the cream and sour cream with 1 tablespoon of the sugar.
- Beat egg yolks with the remaining sugar until light and lemon-colored; fold into the cream mixture.
- Fold in the flour.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry and fold into the cream mixture.
- Pour into a greased ovenproof dish (8 or 9-inch cast iron skillet works great).
- Bake until puffed, golden and set about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Enjoy topped with fresh berries and a dusting of powdered sugar.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This recipe was a lovely surprise Paula. I knew that it would taste great but had no idea that it would be so wonderful. This omelet truly is as light and fluffy as a cloud, soft, tender and oh so flavorful. The omelet has a unique texture and was the perfect bed for my tart, semi sweet raspberries and homemade syrup. I garnished the omelet with a little icing sugar. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe, I will be adding it to my Favorites of 2011. Made for ZWT7 Witchin Kitchen.
Delicious, good directions, easy to prepare; fluffy wonderfulness! I think next time I might add some almond extract to the mixture for no other reason than to see what that might taste like. Fresh strawberries and blueberries were mighty tasty on top. Served with Recipe #426649 and Recipe #427118 for a memorable and vegetarian Scandinavian meal! Reviewed for ZWT #6. Thank you!