- Ready In:
- Pound the steak with a meat pounder to soften.
- Dredge meat in flour, salt and pepper.
- Brown in a skillet on both sides in hot oil or butter or both.
- Lower the heat and braise on very low heat until meat is fork tender (approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour) Remove meat from pan and set aside.
- Add more water to skillet, if necessary, and adjust seasonings (flour, salt and pepper) Stir constantly on low heat to make a rich, brown gravy.
- Place the meat into the gravy mixture and heat through.
- Serve on a meat platter.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
There I am sitting in front of the computer, one of my favorite spots in the house. When I'm not at the computer, I enjoy cooking and entertaining. See my icon? It is an old Royal typewriter. My father had one just like it that he gave me when I was in college. It had one key that stuck, but I typed all my term papers on that old thing. Whenever I see that icon I remember those happy days.