Smoky Chickpeas With Spinach, Tomato and Manchego Cheese, Tapas
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 Spanish onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 cups eggplants (unpeeled, cubed and roasted)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes with juice (Italian, diced or chopped)
- 1 cup frozen spinach (thawed and chopped)
- 1 cup manchego cheese (crumbled)
- Prepare eggplant by preheating oven to 375ºF/175ºC.
- Dice unpeeled eggplant into 1 inch cubes. Combine with 2 tablespoons olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Spread on a baking pan with the sides lined with foil or parchment paper. Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown and tender.
- Heat remaining oil in large nonstick sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and smoked paprika. Sauté 1 minute to soften the onions.
- Add chickpeas, tomatoes and bring to a simmer; cook for 5 minutes.
- Add spinach, eggplant and cheese. Cook until heated through and cheese is melted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a Venture Capitalist doing environmentally responsable commercial real estate development, based in South Florida and Santa Fe, New Mexico. I collect art & antiques and enjoy cooking as a relaxing hobby along with exotic tropical gardening. My all time favorite cookbook is Craig Clairborne's New York Times Cookbook. My passions are fine food, fine wine, art, travel. When Itake a month off with no responsibilities it is to travel in Tuscany, Spain, Southern France, Morocco or the American Southwest. .