Smoked Gouda and Bacon Burgers
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
The smoky flavor of bacon and smoked gouda mixed right into the burger.
- Ready In:
- 4 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 ounces smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- oil, for coating grill grate
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Heat the grill as directed.
- Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp; remove with a slotted spatula and place on paper towels to drain. Crumble.
- Using your hands, mix the beef, parsley, cheese, onion, Worcestershire, salt, pepper and cooked bacon in a bowl until well blended; do not overmix. Using a light touch, form into 6 patties no more than 1 inch thick. Refrigerate the burgers until the grill is ready.
- Brush the grill grate and coat it with oil. Put the burgers on the grill, cover, and cook for 7 minutes, flipping after about 4 minutes, for medium-done (150°F, slightly pink). Add a minute per side for well-done (160°F).
- To toast the buns, put them cut-sides down directly over the fire for the last minute of cooking.
- If serving the burgers directly from the grill, serve on the buns. If the burgers will sit, even for a few minutes, keep the buns and burgers separate until just before eating.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION