photo by Sheilas Southern Co
- Ready In:
- 1 lb elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 4 (10 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 -3 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce, to taste
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet add the hamburger, chopped onion and green pepper on medium heat with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Cook until hamburger is no longer pink, Drain off fat.
- Add meat,onion and pepper mixture to the pot of cooked macaroni.
- Add the soups,sauces, ketchup,stewed tomatoes and the A-1 sauce to the pot stir to mix.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until all is heated.
- Serve hot with a vegitable side.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Ahhh, this brings back memories of Nanny's "Hungarian Goulash" (nothing Hungarian about it). She did the ground beef, onion, and pepper the same way but added it to cooked wide egg noodles and added one can of diced tomatoes and one can tomato sauce and simmered until hot. That has always been one of my favorites. The best comfort food of all time. Can't wait to try your recipe. Thanks for posting.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a housewife, I love to cook and experiment with different spices and flavors, there are not many recipe ideas I will not try. EXCEPT! anything that is extremely HOT and SPICY, I have a allot of family members living here and most of us spend the holidays together.We all Love to eat and look forward to the different AND the traditional recipes on the Holidays. My pet peeve...HUM it makes me crazy when someone cooks and leaves the mess pile up, It's easier to clean as you go, that way when the food is done you can actually sit down and enjoy it. I am very passionate about and being apart of the fight to prevent animal cruelty, and helping to educate people about what happens to Children or Pets left in vehicles on very hot or very cold days, also Pets left in extreme elements outside without the proper necessities. I believe that anyone that purposely harms or torturers a child or a animal is a Coward!