Slowcooker Turkey Chili
photo by Demelza
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 10mins
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup diced bell pepper (yellow & orange)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (19 ounce) can red kidney beans (I use chili style)
- 1 2⁄3 cups navy beans
- 1 2⁄3 cups black beans
- 1 2⁄3 cups pinto beans
- 1 cup corn
- 1⁄4 - 1 teaspoon ground red chili pepper
- Saute turkey & peppers in olive oil.
- Add all ingredients to 5 quart slow cooker.
- Cook on low 6 - 8 hours, or high about 4 hours.
- If chili is too thick, add a 6 oz tin of tomato sauce, or some V8 juice.
- This freezes well.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Chef #8832636. My memebership on this site goes back to the days of recipezaar, so I have seen a lot of changes on the site over the years. I still miss the forums, they had a wealth of information in them, and it was great to be able to connect with other chefs through them. I don't think zmail exists anymore either, so I don't think we have any way of contacting other chefs now. I haven't been on the site much in the last few years, mainly because of the changes. I do still pop in to look for specific recipes. I enjoy cooking, and am passionate about baking.