Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Quinoa
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Love how little time this took to make. Throw it in the crock pot and have a meal ready when you get back. Good stuff. Recipe of Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen. Serving size is estimated.
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 15mins
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 15 ounces diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 10 ounces enchilada sauce
- 2 tablespoons Mexican chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a large skillet, cook the ground chicken until no pink remains. Place in the slow cooker.
- Add in all ingredients through coriander. Stir to combine. Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 3 hours or until the liquid is all absorbed into the mixture.
- Remove the lid and stir everything again. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Stir in half the cheese and sprinkle the other half on top. Top with the topped green onions and cilantro.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION