Slow Cooked Round Steak
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 10mins
- 3 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 carrots, peeled and sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, quartered
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 lbs boneless round steak
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Place the potatoes, onion, carrots and mushrooms in slow cooker. Add bay leaf and sprinkle with thyme. Cut steak into chunks, then place the meat on top of vegetables.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the onion soup mix, cream of mushroom soup, water, worcestershire sauce and soy sauce; pour over beef.
- Cover slow cooker, and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or High 3 to 4 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a 48 y/o gay Jewish man in the suburbs immediately north of New York City. I'm a general internist, practicing and teaching at a medical college north of NYC. I also earned a Masters in Public Health degree in 2013. After a Walt Disney World trip in Dec 2006 where I had to rent an electric scooter because I couldn't manage the walking, I decided to have gastric bypass surgery, which was done Feb 28, 2007. I lost 160 lbs (though I've gained back about 60 of that since). I can't eat as much as I used to, so I want every bite to be extra good!