Slow-Baked Clotted Cream Rice Pudding
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 25 g butter
- 100 g short grain pudding rice
- 450 ml full-fat milk
- 284 ml pot double cream
- 227 g clotted cream
- 1 split vanilla pod
- 85 g golden caster sugar
- freshly grated nutmeg
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
- Lightly butter a shallow ovenproof dish.
- Wash the rice well under cold water, then drain.
- Bring the milk and creams to the boil with the vanilla pod, add the rice and sugar, then stir well.
- Tip the rice into the prepared dish, then grate a little nutmeg over the top. Dot with knobs of butter, bake for 15 mins, lower the oven to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3, then bake for 1 hour more, by which time the pudding should be golden brown on top and creamy underneath.
- Serve with spoonfuls of raspberry jam.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br />Happily married and the proud mum of a beautiful daughter aged 5 and a baby son who was born on 10/04/10. Really enjoy cooking and trying new recipes, especially north American, French, Greek and Mexican. Have many cookbooks which I often pick from but love Nigel Slaters recipes and attitude, Charmaine Solomon for her Asian recipes and I am also a subscriber to Good Food Mag. I try to source good quality ingredients particularly meat and organic veg as I believe that <br />good ingredients can make a meal truely special. Have been lucky enough to find a wonderful farmer/butcher in Wales who only sells his own produce which is fantastic and I always stock up on a whole lamb for the freezer when I go there! <br /><img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg alt= /></p> <p> </p> <p><a href=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_HycMLGzpJjc/S-3vqYbQ-3I/AAAAAAAAAAo/UwzmbgtkT30/s1600/MischiefMakers.jpg[/img></a></p>