Skillet Lo Mein
photo by Hippie2MARS
- Ready In:
- 1 lb chicken, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil, separated
- 1 (16 ounce) package stir fry vegetables
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Brown meat in one T of the sesame oil, then remove to paper toweling to drain.
- Add remaining 2 T of sesame oil to the pan and saute onions, celery, stir-fry veggies and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce and hoisin sauce; pour over the veggies in the skillet.
- Add the meat back in, along with the grated ginger.
- Bring to boil; break spaghetti in half, and add to the skillet.
- Stir in noodles, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring about halfway through.
- When serving, top with sliced green onions.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!