Skillet Franks 'N Noodles
photo by Bergy
- Ready In:
- 1 lb frankfurter, cut in half diagonally (*See note)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup or (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped canned tomato, drained from the can
- 2 cups cooked wide egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- In a large skillet, melt the butter or margarine.
- Add the franks, onion, basil or oregano, to the skillet.
- Lightly brown the franks, and cook until onions are tender.
- Add the soup, milk, and tomatoes; stir until well mixed and heated through.
- Add the cooked noodles, and finish heating; stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle parsley on top just before serving.
- *Note: You can substitute hot dogs for the franks in this recipe.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe is what it is, hot dogs and noodles. Its not fancy or complicated but for being what it is, it is actually pretty good! There aren't any children in my house but I'd be willing to bet that if there were, they would really enjoy this recipe. Personally, I dug the sauce and think that it could be used with many other types of meat (or meat by products, haha) I am glad I gave this recipe a try!