- Ready In:
- Peel the broccoli stem and cut off the very bottom piece. Cut it lengthwise into quarters.
- Put the water and broccoli into a skillet just big enough for it to fit in one layer. Cover and turn the heat to medium.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Uncover, and salt to taste. Turn the heat to high and cook until the water all boils off.
- Drizzle on the olive oil, and continue to cook for a few minutes, turning the broccoli pieces with tongs, until it's getting browned in places.
- Sprinkle with hot red pepper flakes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What a tasty way to prepare broccoli! Such a nice change of pace from regular old steamed broccoli. I served this with macaroni and cheese. While I still could not convince the 2yo twins to eat it, my 5yo had TWO servings, as did hubby, who dislikes broccoli unless smothered in processed cheese. This one's a winner for sure. Thanks for posting!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY