Simply Potatoes Cowboy Hash
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef (or turkey, breakfast sausage or chorizo)
- 3 1⁄2 cups Simply Potatoes (1 bag diced with onion or hash browns)
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups coarsely chopped spinach
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 -5 eggs
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat large skillet over med-high heat and brown ground meat.
- When fully cooked, add potatoes, chilies and spices. Cook 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add spinach and cook 1-2 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Remove from skillet. Add olive oil to skillet and once it is hot, add eggs. Fry until whites are set.
- Top the hash with cheese, tomato and green onion, and top each serving with a fried egg.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am now semi-retired and an Empty Nester. I try to focus on lighter dishes for day to day menus. I still like to explore new food ideas. I look for smaller quantity dishes now. I am not vegetarian but I cook with more vegetables than meat now. I enjoy sharing desserts with family and my co-workers.