- Ready In:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the flour, Splenda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Cut the butter into the dry ingredients with a pastry blender or a large fork.
- Whisk the egg into the milk.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the wet mixture into the well.
- Mix with a fork until the ingredients just stick together.
- Spread the mixture evenly into a greased round cake pan or square baking dish.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve with fruit, jam, whipped cream, chocolate sauce or whatever else suits your fancy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a 20-something who has been cooking for a long time. I tend to follow recipes when I cook 90% of the time, but I'm slowly learning to be more relaxed about modifying them. I spent a year in Japan when I was in high school, so I have a great love of Japanese cuisine. I also very much have a sweet tooth, so I like to bake quite a bit. <br> <br>I been slowly attempting to remove most processed foods from my diet along with high-fructose corn syrup and partially-hydrogenated fats. I has gone well so far, but there are some frustrations. It can be problematic because such foods are often more expensive, and low-fat foods can contain a plethora of non-natural ingredients. <br> <br>See my cookbook collection: http://www.librarything.com/catalog/kyshandra&tag=cookbook <br> <br>My favorite food blog: http://www.101cookbooks.com