Simple Rice & Peas
- Ready In:
- 1 (28 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper, habenero
- Drain the liquid from the cans of beans into a measuring cup and add cocnut milk and enough water to make 4 cups liquid.
- Place liquid in a pot with the beans,onion,garlic,thyme and oil,bring to a boil.Add rice and stir for a minute.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Place scotch bonnet on top of liquid and cover tightly.
- Simmer for 30 minutes or until rice is cooked.Remove scotch bonnet before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!