Sicilian Meat Loaf
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 8 slices boiled ham, thin
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 slices mozzarella cheese, cut diagonally
- Combine eggs, bread crumbs, tomato juice, parsley, oregano, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Stir into beef, mixing well.
- On foil or waxed paper pat meat to a 12 x 10-inch rectangle.
- Arrange ham on top of meat, leaving a margin on edges. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of ham and roll up.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes at 350°.
- Arrange cheese (triangles) on top and bake another 5 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!