Shrimp & Tomatoes in Spicy Broth
photo by la petite chef
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry dry white wine
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped reserve juice
- 4 ounces tomato juice
- 20 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup chopped basil
- salt and pepper
- bread, for dipping
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over med. heat.
- Add Garlic, bay leaf, and crushed red pepper. Saute till garlic is tender, ~1 minute.
- Add the wine and bring to a boil.
- Add tomatoes and juice, lower to simmer. Sim until tomatoes break down and flavors blend, ~10 minutes.
- Add Shrimp and basil to the summering broth. Sim until the shrimp are cooked through, about 2-3 minutes.
- Divide into bowls and serve with bread!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello! My name is Marielle! I am an Architect-Interior Designer and Foodie. Being half Italian and half French I've always enjoyed the art and passion of cooking... and my Gourmet Mother has led the path for me! Please Check out my site (below) It has a compilation of Homemade recipes and ones I've found on tv or online. It's hard for me to constantly update both sites, so please check me out! la petite chef mixes (thoroughly) humor, food, a dash of disaster and a cup of originality. End result? Fabulous!! Please help yourself and leave comments!! and enjoy! “The best way to execute French cooking is to get good and loaded and whack the hell out of a chicken. Bon appétit.” ~Julia Childs