Shrimp Scampi with Spaghetti and Zucchini
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon green onion, finely chopped including green top
- 1⁄2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon, zest of, grated
- 1 drop Tabasco sauce
- 8 ounces zucchini, shredded (approx. 2 cups)
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked
- lemon wedge, to garnish (to garnish)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, cleaned
- Clean shrimp and pat them dry.
- Set aside.
- Melt the margarine in a skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in the green onion, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and salt, and cook until bubbly.
- Add the shrimp and cook, stirring constantly, until the shrimp turn pink, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley, lemon zest and tabasco.
- Remove the shrimp with a slotted spoon to a bowl.
- Add the zucchini and stir fry over heat until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Serve about 1/2 cup of zucchini, 1/2 cup of shrimp over the spaghetti.
- Garnish with lemon wedges if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delicate yet flavoursome, and elegant enough for a dinner party! The only change I made was to use slightly more lemon & zest, considerably more Tabasco & a sprinkling of freshly cracked pepper. I added the zucchini to the shrimp towards the end of the cooking time, which worked out well. Thank you for a delicious recipe I will make again.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Las Vegas. I was lucky enough to run into Recipezaar around Nov. 2000 and got hooked quickly. I am a cookbook collector and have been collecting recipes for as long as I can remember. My DH had to build in shelves for all my cookbooks! I like to dabble with OAMC and for a few years hosted the Budget/OAMC forum with some great people over there. Even though I don't work in the forum any longer I've set up a lot of cookbooks for the purpose of OAMC and stretching food that might be helpful. Please feel free to check them out! I go on food jags and cooking jags! Please come say hi to me and chat on facebook. I currently host a blog for saving money through finding deals and coupons if you are interested. Most of the time I try to cook and have a good dinner on the table but I'll be honest enough to say there is still fast food occasionally in the budget! I have had such wonderful support here whenever I need it. Thank you all for being here! Just a quick note on how I rate recipes: ? 5 stars - This recipe is perfect. (My DH is truly a critic and doesn't give 5's unless it's amazing) I would recommend it to others and would definitely make again. ? 4 stars - This recipe was good but I would change something in it next time. ? 3 stars - This is a recipe I would not make again but it was OK ? 2 stars - This recipe I would not make again and we didn't like it at all ? 1 star - This recipes did not work out/taste was unappealing and wouldn't make again