Shrimp Pil-Pil - Rachael Ray
photo by Katanashrp
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails left on)
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 loaf crusty bread, sliced
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic, crushed red pepper, and paprika, and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Season the shrimp with salt, add them to the skillet, and cook until opaque, 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Remove from the heat; stir in parsley.
- Transfer the shrimp mixture to a bowl and serve with bread for dipping and mopping.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wonderful, outstanding, easy. What could be better?? I had this one in my "to try" folder for quite a while, due to my husbands' dislike for shrimp. A friend told me that she had made it using scallops, so I decided to make it half scallops, half shrimp (which I adore). Sooooo glad I tried it. Made it exactly as written other than using half scallops. Cooked everything for approx 2 min per side. The proteins were PERFECTLY cooked. The two of us ate the entire thing, with nice crusty bread to sop up the delicious sauce. There was plenty of sauce for the two of us, with a lot left over, If it weren't pure oil, I would have eaten all the leftover sauce. This will be a "special occasion" dish.