Shrimp Creamy Primavera... Kinda
- Ready In:
- 12 jumbo shrimp
- 1 medium tomatoes (cubed, remove excess liquid if really juicy)
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped fine, divided)
- 1 medium zucchini (cubed 1/2 in or so)
- 7 -8 medium mushrooms (cut in thirds)
- 2 ounces blue cheese (crumbled)
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese (divided)
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream (1/2 n 1/2 will do but reduce chicken stock)
- 6 ounces chicken stock
- 3⁄4 cup sauvignon blanc wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 lb fettuccine (thick home made style)
- 3 ounces olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- I like my veggies firm!
- So this is what I did;
- begin boiling water for the fettuccine -- (in a sufficiently large pot).
- in a large fry pan:.
- clove garlic in 1 oz olive oil and 1 tbls butter heated pretty hot,.
- add zucchini.
- cook until firm and transfer to a bowl, (drain but return liquid to pan).
- clove garlic in the returned liquid, add mushrooms,.
- cook until firm and transfer to the same bowl, (drain but return liquid to pan).
- clove garlic in the returned liquid, add pealed shrimp whole turning once,.
- Note: I under cook my shrimp as they cook after removing. but just before I remove them I stand them up in the pan to cook the thicker part a bit more, the thinner tail will over cook if you only cook them on their sides -- (my opinion).
- put on the fettuccini -- (my thick fettuccini took 18 min til andante).
- add the wine to the above "returned liquid," in the pan and reduce,.
- add in the cream and chicken stock, blue cheese, 2 oz Parmesan,.
- add 1 oz butter and reduce until 2/3 of what it was,.
- when the pasta is within 1 minute of being finished,.
- add the tomatoes, mushrooms, zucchini, red peppers to the cream sauce,.
- drain the pasta well, add 1 oz olive oil to the pasta pot and return the fettuccine and add the remaining Parmesan and toss,.
- add the shrimp to the fry pan sauce mixture, heat as you are plating the pasta,.
- spoon the shrimp veggie cream sauce over the pasta,.
- crack pepper over the presentation,.
- serve with crusty bread --
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to Cook, My father loved to cook and now my boy is an Executive Chef for 3 restaurants 30. I always love to see the spark in someones eye when they first feel they did a good job in the kitchen. I would like to say that I have never met an ingredient that I haven't liked but that would not be true, but I'll try virtually everything. Thanks for Reading! Mr. D