Seven Layer Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1 quart diced potato (raw)
- 1⁄2 cup rice (uncooked)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 lb ground beef (may use deer or any very LEAN meat)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- bacon (enough to cover the top of the casserole)
- Put potatoes in 9x13-inch cake pan.
- Sprinkle rice over potatoes.
- Sprinkle onions over rice.
- Break up ground meat all over onions.
- Pour can of tomato soup over meat (adding just enough water to make it pour able).
- Bake in 350° oven till all ingredients are done and bacon is browned, about 45 minutes.
- (Make sure meat is LEAN, as bacon provides more than enough fat).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I would like to let you all know that I am no longer able to review your recipes that I have tried. since they changed the site around webtv does not supprt zaars new site.I have a webtv not a computer and webtv does not support the new recipezaar site. so I will no longer be able to review your great recipes,nor will I be able to put my own recipes on here.Please don't think I wouldn't like to review your recipes,it was one of the nice parts of zaar that I did enjoy doing. So please forgive!!! I am Married to the same guy for 40 years,I Have 2 beautiful Daughters, who have given me 6 grand and glorious grandchildren. I love to cook,in fact you could call it my favorite hobby My pet peeve is telemarketers,Every time I get busy with my recipe hobby one of them will call and knock me off the web,and of coarse I waste precious time getting back on.I am disabled,so I no longer work,and have plenty of time to pursue my hobby. My best dish I make is Lasagna but thats just because I love lasagna.I am also asked to bring No-Bake cookies at all of our potlucks, and linger-longers at church.Meat loaf is another often requested dish I am asked to bring...... NOT MY meatloaf but .... My husbands. He is as good a cook as I am,He can cook anything I can cook, and I can cook anything he can cook,but some things I make better,and some He makes better...So we do a lot of compromising at our house.