Sephardic Date Charoset
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 lb pitted dates
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 8 tablespoons sweet kosher red wine or 8 tablespoons grape juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Soak dates in saucepan in water for an hour. Then bring to a boil and simmer for about 45 minutes till they are nice and soft and breaking down.
- Drain any excess water.
- Put dates in food processor with cinnamon, slowly adding wine as needed to form a semi-smooth puree.
- Pulse or stir in walnuts.
- Adjust ingredients to taste.
- Serve on matzah.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!