Seared Tuna with Ginger Noodles
- Ready In:
- 200 g dry somen noodles
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon wasabi
- 25 g pickled ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- 375 g tuna
- sesame seeds, to coat
- Boil a large pot of water, throw in the noodles and cook for two minutes or until soft.
- Drain, rinse and cool.
- Mix the sesame oil, lime juice and wasabi paste together.
- Pour this over the noodles and mix in the pickled ginger and garlic chives.
- Press the tuna into the sesame seeds until the fish is coated on all sides.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and cook the tuna for one minute on all sides or until just seared.
- Transfer to a chopping board, let the tuna rest for a moment and then cut it into thick slices.
- Serve with soy sauce and wasabi in dipping bowls.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
This is a picture of me and my husband in Portugal, climbing up above the clouds with our bikes. Right now we are travelling around the world on our bicycles, so I only pop onto Zaar occasionally, when internet connections and time allow me to. If I don't reply to a message about one of my recipes, now you know why! Our trip may take several years so if it's urgent, it's probably better for you to post in the forums ;) Good food is really important to me -- I am happy to pay extra for food that I feel is produced in a sustainable and ethical way and always try to eat using seasonal produce. When we were in the UK we rarely shopped at supermarkets, trying instead to favour small producers, although we were very lucky in that we lived in London and there was lots of choice. We also were fortunate enough to have a weekly organic veg box delivered to our door, filled with so many lovely vegetables for very little money. It really opened my horizons in terms of the variety of vegetables I eat. If you're in the UK, check out Riverford for a box supplier as they're amazing! When I'm not eating I love to take pictures and travel with my husband. <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/World%20Tour/ZWT2.gif">