Seared Tuna in Wasabi Sauce
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups white wine
- 2 tablespoons limes
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1 piece fresh ginger, size of a quarter and crushed
- 1 garlic clove, left whole and but crushed
- 2 -4 tablespoons wasabi paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves or 1 cup fresh parsley
- 6 (6 ounce) tuna steaks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Combine wine, lime, onion, ginger and garlic in a saucepan over medium heat. Simmer to reduce to about 2 tablespoons.
- Place reduced sauce in blender with the butter, soy and wasabi and blend till smooth and butter is melted.
- Place in a bowl.
- Stir in cilantro.
- Preheat grill high. It needs to be very hot!
- Mix olive oil and 1 tablespoon sauce together. Brush tuna steaks with the sauce and oil mixture.
- Grill for 90 seconds then turn and continue grilling for 90 seconds more.
- If you just want the tuna seared remove from grill now. Otherwise continue grilling for 1 minute on each side again.
- Serve tuna topped with the yummy sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was excellent. We used cilantro, but I think the parsley would have been great, too. We also used 1 tablespoon of wasabi paste because I'm afraid of that stuff. But, if I were to make it again, I would use 2 tablespoons. I've been so disappointed with internet recipes lately - this was a wonderful change!!!
This was the first time I ever cooked Tuna rare, and it was great!! The sauce was easy and delicious. The only thing I did different was add extra wasabi for more heat. It was the fanciest looking plating I've ever done, I even had to take a picture to brag. I served it with recipe #35574, lemon dressing on greens, and they went great together. Very nice!