Sea Bass on a Bed of Swiss Chard and Browned Rosemary Potatoes
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 lb chilean sea bass fillet, bones removed,cut in 4 serving pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flour, more if needed
- 4 tablespoons rosemary oil (recipe #74729) or 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 4 -6 cloves garlic, minced or pressed,divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 4 cups chopped swiss chard, main stem removed & washed
- 2 large potatoes or 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cooked
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, diced,for garnish
- Preheat oven for 375 degrees.
- Lightly season the fish with salt and pepper, then coat with flour, shaking off the excess.
- Heat two tablespoons oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, add the fish pieces and cook just until lightly browned, about 1 minute on each side.
- Transfer to a casserole dish and place in oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the onion and 3 cloves garlic to the skillet and cook, stirring, until beginning to soften, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Slice pre boiled potatoes and add to the onions browning on both sides add rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile heat 2 tablespoons rosemary oil and toss in 3 minced cloves of garlic till almost browned add the Swiss chard till wilted about 3 minutes, season with salt and pepper.
- Place wilted chard on platter place cooked fish on top.
- Arrange browned potatoes around the Swiss chard.
- Sprinkle with diced sun dried tomatoes.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Excellent! 4 servings? Not for my husband and me, we wiped out the entire batch on our own. I made this as is, using Evelyn/Athen's Quick Pickled Garlic with Mediterranean Flavors (#81005) for the garlic in the recipe. In place of the oil-packed tomato, I used some dried tomatoes I got from a co-worker and they were excellent in this. This was SO GOOD! Thanks Rita, another great recipe from you :)