Sea Bass Cuban Style
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups white onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 4 cups plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry white wine
- 2⁄3 cup stuffed green olive, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup capers, drained
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 (6 ounce) sea bass fillets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onions until soft. Stir in the garlic, and saute about 1 minute. Add tomatoes, and cook until they begin to soften. Stir in wine, olives, capers, and red pepper flakes. Heat to a simmer.
- Place sea bass into sauce. Cover, and gently simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Transfer fish to a serving plate, and keep warm.
- Increase the heat, and add butter to sauce. Simmer until the sauce thickens. Stir in cilantro.
- Serve sauce over fish.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was a highly rated recipe that I found on the Safeway website, posted by Kiki Hahn (though the allrecipes site is credited for the photo). It's a recipe for sea bass simmered in a delicious tomato and white wine sauce with onions and capers for a little flavor kick. The posting chef suggests serving it with rice pilaf.