- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups miniature shredded wheat cereal (shreddies or chex)
- 2 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups salted peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Melt butter in a large saucepot.
- Stir in the corn syrup and brown sugar.
- Mix well over medium heat stirring well to dissolve.
- Bring to a boil.
- When a full boil across the top time now and boil 5 minutes without stirring.
- Remove after the five minutes and add vanilla, and baking soda.
- Have the cereals, corn and nuts in a buttered roasting pan, and drizzle hot mixture over all.
- Toss and coat well.
- Bake in a 250 degree oven for 1 hour, stirring every 12 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheets.
- Store in an air tight tin.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
this tastes really good when it's made, but I did have a few problems with the recipe. I couldnt boil the mixture for 5 mins, because it was quite thick after 3 mins, so I took it off the heat before it burnt. There wasnt quite enough mixture so cover all the cereals and popcorn, and it set almost the minute I poured it in. I only put it in the oven for 20 minutes, as it was crisp and crunchy by then, and as I said, tastes very good. Thanks Andy Pandy
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Grandmother of two boys, great grandmother of one ...worked in hardware and construction for forty years, read all cookbooks, watch all cook shows on tv. like to cook all types of new recipes.