Scottish Deviled Chicken
Posted for ZWT6, adapted from rampantscotland.com Looks like a delicious, easy weeknight meal!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 350.
- Place chicken in a shallow, oven-proof dish.
- Mix the jam, mustard, cayenne and garlic until smooth.
- Add the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, salt and pepper and pour over the chicken pieces, making sure they are evenly coated.
- Place the lid on the dish and bake in the oven for one hour.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Gorgeous flavour. Sweet & Sour-ish, but more depth and not overly sweet. I love lots of gravy/sauce, so I triple the amount of sauce ingredients and cover the casserole tightly with foil, so it doesn't evaporate. Excellent with jasmine rice! The second time I made it I only had mango red pepper jelly and it turned out just as good.Reply
The flavor of the chicken was excellent! But, just as a warning, I used chicken tenders and the cook time is a little too long for white meat. After an hour they were slightly dry. But that was my change to the recipe, and not a fault of the recipe. As I said, the flavor was wonderful. Made for PAC Spring 2011.Reply
see 10 more