- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped carrots
- 4 cups vegetable broth (can use chicken broth for non-vegan version)
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 cup dried red lentils, soaked in water overnight and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) package fresh Baby Spinach
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add garlic, mushrooms and carrots. Cook for five minutes, stirring often, until vegetables are softened.
- Add broth, rice, lentils, ginger root, coriander, cumin, turmeric, salt and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in spinach and green onions. Cover and simmer for 3-4 more minutes, or until rice and lentils are tender. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Join The Conversation