Moroccan Style Quinoa
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion, cut into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups quinoa
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup currants
- 1⁄2 cup fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- lime wedge, to serve
- Heat the oil, sauté the onion for 2 - 3 minutes, until it's transparent. Add the garlic and spices and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Rinse the quinoa thoroughly, using a strainer. Add the quinoa to the pan with the onion and lime zest, stir.
- Measure the water and lime juice in a jug to make 2 cups of liqud.
- Add the water to the pan and gently bring it to the boil,continue to stir.Once boiled, cover the pan, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until the water has completely absorbed into the quinoa.
- Add add the almonds, currants and coriander.
- Garnish with lime wedges and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
It's not often I mess things up, but tonight making two recipes, I cooked off the onion and garlic for this, then threw in the onion and capsicum for the other recipe I was making. Never mind-a bit more onion and some capsicum didn't really alter the outcome! I don't much like currants, so used craisins instead and just sprinkled a few slivered almonds over as a garnish. Yummy, yummy dish!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Aussie Mum - gluten-free