Scalloped Sweet Potatoes and Apples
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- Wash and cook sweet potatoes in boiling water until just tender.
- Peel and cut into crosswise slices, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Butter a 2 quart ovenproof casserole.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, mace, salt, (pecans- if using them) and set aside.
- Arrange half the sweet potato slices in the bottom of buttered casserole, then half the apple slices on top of the potatoes.
- Sprinkle half the brown sugar mixture over all.
- Dot with 2 Tablespoons of the butter.
- Repeat layers, ending with apples, sugar and butter.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for about 50 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm married (46 years to the same lucky guy) and have 2 kids, a daughter 41, a son 36, and 2 beautiful grand daughters (8 yrs and 6 yrs). I have always enjoyed cooking and baking, especially breads :) One of my favorite quotes:?? Computers are like air conditioners; they stop working when you open Windows.