Scallop and Asparagus Risotto
- Ready In:
- 1 lb asparagus tips
- 1 lb scallops
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup shallot, diced
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 cup onion and herbs liquid seasoning
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Blanch asparagus tips in boiling water for 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- Remove beards from scallops and sauté scallops in1 tablespoons of the butter until caramelized (2-3 minutes). Set aside.
- Heat chicken stock in a saucepan until warm.
- Combine olive oil and 1 tablespoons of the butter in a large heavy bottomed pot. Sauté the shallots until soft. Add the rice, and cook stirring, for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the liquid seasoning. Continue stirring until liquid reduces by half. Gradually add the chicken stock, one ladle at a time, stirring constantly, allow the stock to be absorbed before adding more. This process should be about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the asparagus and scallops. Finish with the remaining 4 tablespoons butter and the cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.