Savory Salmon Burgers
photo by I'mPat
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 1⁄2 lbs fresh salmon fillets, skinned
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 bunch minced fresh onion
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 onion rolls
- shredded lettuce (for topping)
- sliced tomatoes (for topping)
- Prepare salmon by cutting into strips, then chopping or shredding salmon, being careful to remove any bones.
- In a large bowl, combine salmon, breadcrumbs, onions, mustard, horseradish, eggs, rosemary, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat.
- Form salmon mixture into 8 patties, and lightly coat each patty with butter.
- Cook 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Place patties on rolls, and top with lettuce and tomato.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I scaled this back for 4 using 500 grams of salmon which I deboned and skinned, did not use the horseradish as we really don't care for it but did have an oops moment when the DS (27 with autism intellectual impairment) and I added the breadcrumbs and the butter to the mix but after chilling for an hour they formed into 4 beautiful patties weighing 160 grams each and dipped them int he butter and fresh lot of breadcrumbs. Cooked them in the frypan for 7 minutes each side for moist patties which were a delight to eat though I did put a dab of mayonnaise on the pattie before putting on the tomatoe slices and the baby cos lettuce. Thank you weekend cooker, made for Everyday A Holiday.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hello everyone, My name is Doug and I am the host of I recommend tag.I am in my early 40's, I am married, with two children. Michael 14, and katherine 10 . I started to learn to cook, after I got married, when my wife started working nights, and I couldn't get around because I had my entire left leg rebuilt. I just completed remodeling my entire house, and am very active at volunteering at my childrens schools.<br />Rating System <br />5 stars- Outstanding (4 out 4 ) in family enjoyed. <br />4 stars - Very good (3 out of 4) in family enjoyed. Will make no adjustments. <br />3 stars - good, might consider an adjustment <br />2 stars- Okay- will make adjustment <br />1 star- debatable I will make again, would with right adjustment <br />0 stars - Will not attempt again.</p>