Sauteed Mushrooms With Sherry and Garlic
- Ready In:
- If mushrooms are greater than one inch in diameter, cut into quarters.
- Heat 12 inch skillet over medium heat.
- Add 1 T olive oil. When the oil is hot enough to sizzle a piece of mushroom, add half the mushrooms and half the thyme. Raise the heat to medium-high and saute, stirring only occasionally, until the mushrooms are golden brown. If you stir them too often or crowd them in the pan, you'll prevent the mushrooms from carmelizing.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the mushrooms to a bowl, and repeat with the remaining mushrooms. Add the garlic, and saute 1 minute, stirring. Return the reserved mushroom, with any accumulated juices, to the pan.
- Add the sherry and parsley, and boil until the liquid is reduced to a glaze, another minute or so.
- Add the butter, and gently swirl the pan as the butter melts and emulsifies with the sauce. Taste and adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a stay at home mommy of 2. I have a 4 year old boss (girl) and a 2 year old loverboy. They make every day fun, full, exciting, frustrating and everything in between. I love to cook and like to find things that my 4yo picky eater will like. My hubby and I have gotten to really enjoy the food in this area. We are currently living in the Texas Gulf Coast but are originally from Utah. I have noticed that Southern cooking is an art form with no exacts. I love that!! My husband and I have been together for 12 years and married 6 glorious ones!;) He is a good sport and will try almost anything. I love to bake and strive to be "that mom" that always has a treat for everyone that is fun and good. <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Stockingswap.jpg"><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/smPACp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"><img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Stockingswapcopy.jpg"><img src="http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/Other/tagforpage1.jpg"> <img src="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/lauralie41/swapbanner.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j10/housedaughter/candy.jpg">