Sausage & Mushroom Tortellini Parma-Rosa Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1 (9 ounce) bag frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 Knorr parma rosa sauce mix
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 3 hot Italian sausages, sliced into 1 cm. medallions
- 250 g sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (or more)
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup Ritz cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Bring a pasta pot of salted water to a boil. While waiting for the water to boil, heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Fry sausage slices on both sides until brown; remove them from the skillet. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms for 2 minutes, then add onion, and sauté for an additional 2 minutes, until mushrooms have rendered their liquid and onion has softened. Remove from skillet, scraping any sausage bits that remain, and place in the same bowl as the sausage.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook tortellini approximately 7 minutes; drain and rinse. Place in the mixing bowl.
- While tortellini is cooking, melt 1 tbsp of butter or margarine in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add milk and sauce mix, stirring constantly until well combined. Continue stirring frequently until sauce comes to a boil; reduce heat and continue stirring until thickened, about 1-2 minutes.
- Pour sauce over everything and mix with a spatula until well combined. Place in a greased casserole dish, and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Top with mozzarella cheese, then crushed Ritz crackers.
- Melt remaining 2 tbsp butter or margarine in the microwave for about 30 seconds, and drizzle over the crumbs.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes until golden brown on top; let stand 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to try different recipes on my days off, which are few and far in between. I am always looking for diferent recipes that are heart-healthy and weight-smart.