Sausage and Cheese Breakfast Strata
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- Spray baking dish with Pam.
- Brown sausage and let it cool. Cook bacon and let it cool. Set both aside.
- Mix eggs and milk in separate dish (make sure eggs are well beaten).
- Add cubed bread, shredded cheese and cooled sausage to the egg and milk mixture.
- Pour all ingredients (except bacon into the baking dish).
- Add crumbled bacon to the top of the dish.
- Bake on 350 degrees for 45 minutes. It will puff up pretty high, like a quiche. Let is set for about 25 minutes before serving. It will settle and fall a bit.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Originally I was gonna cut this recipe in half for the 2 of us, but with unexpected company early this morning, I made the whole thing, following the recipe right on down, & we had a wonderfully satisfying mid-morning breakfast! Another time I'd like to try it with a nutty, whole grain bread that we enjoy, & think that would be great tasting, too! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]