Saucijzebroodjes (Dutch Pig in a Blankets)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Cut shortening into dry mixture.
- Mix beaten egg and milk and add to the flour mixture.
- On floured surface, knead dough 8 to 10 times.
- Divide dough into 2 parts and roll each half to 1/4 inch thickness. Use a medium-sized cookie cutter to cut 15 rounds of dough from each half.
- Blend all ingredients together.
- Shape 30 small rolls of meat (like link sausages).
- Place 1 roll of filling in each pastry round; fold pastry over the filling and seal edges. Place on baking sheets with raised edges.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!