Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Ready In:
- 2 cups all-purpose gold medal flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup caramel, bits
- sea salt, for sprinkling on cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, cornstarch, baking soda and sea salt together. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugars until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes. Add egg and vanilla extract and beat until combined. Slowly mix in the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and caramel bits. Form cookie dough into tablespoon balls and place on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Sprinkle each cookie with sea salt.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes, or until slightly golden brown around the edges. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for two minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
- Note-I buy the Kraft Caramel Bits at Target. If you can't find Kraft Caramel Bits, you can use caramel squares. Just chop them up into pieces.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I've made this recipe twice now and both times the cookies have been a HUGE hit, especially with my grandchildren. There's just something about chocolate, caramel and sea salt - YUMMY!!! Oh, I've also gotten 37 cookies out of the batch instead of 24 - so I'm probably making them a bit smaller than called for but the good news with that is they are lower in calories and there's more to enjoy :) Thank you so much for posting amara800511 AKA Air Force Mama?