Salmon With Gravy and Onions
- Ready In:
- 2 2 lbs tuna or 2 lbs cod
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 large onions
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3⁄4 cup water
- black and white pepper
- garlic salt
- ground cloves
- 2 lbs. fresh salmon, tuna, or cod (I prefer salmon, then tuna over cod. Cut into 1 inch size pieces and put in fridge until ready to use.
- Slice two good-sized onions and saute in vegetable oil until soft, but not brown. Add 2/3 small can tomato sauce and 3/4 cup water. The spices are salt, white and black pepper, garlic salt, and ground clove. Add these to your taste. Bring to a boil, then down to a simmer until mixture begins to thicken. If you have your spices the way you like (the clove gives this dish a great flavor). Add a little milk (approx. 2 tbls.) to give it a creamy texture.
- Drop the fish into the sauce and cook through.
- Please note that I never measure anything, so you may have to adjust the water amount.
- I always serve this with creamy mashed potatoes, putting the fish on the side and making sure I put some sauce and onions over the potatoes.
- Make sure you have a good crusty bread to soak up the gravy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!