Salmon With Gingery Cabbage
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets, skin removed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, with seeds
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) bag shredded cabbage, for coleslaw
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat olive oil, on medium, for 1 minute in a 12-inch nonstick skillet.
- Add onion and cover and cook 8-10 minutes or until onion is tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Grease 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Remove any bones from salmon.
- Place salmon, rounded side up, in baking dish.
- In small bowl, stir together curry powder, Dijon mustard and water.
- Brush mustard mixture over salmon.
- Bake salmon, without turning, for 15 minutes or until opaque throughout.
- While roasting salmon, add ginger and cumin to onion and cook 1 minute, stirring.
- Add cabbage and salt, mixing well.
- Cover and cook 11-13 minutes or until cabbage is tender and begins to brown, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon cabbage mixture onto plates, topping with salmon.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Current (9/07) review criteria: 5: WOW! This is something with which to impress the guest! 4: We really liked this and will make it again. Instructions were easy to follow. 3: Good basic recipe but needs something to make it a 4 for us and/or there is a problem with instructions. 2: We didn't like the flavor/taste/texture and/or there is a major problem with the instructions. 1: Inedible for us.