- Ready In:
- 200 g salmon, very fresh (6 1/2 ounces)
- 80 ml cucumbers, chopped (just less than 6 tablespoons chopped)
- 15 ml shallots, chopped (or use spring onions, 1 tablespoon)
- 40 ml capers, chopped (2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons)
- 40 ml avocados, firm but ripe (2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons)
- 30 ml cream cheese (2 tablespoons)
- 5 ml mustard, coarse-grain (1 teaspoon)
- 15 ml lime juice, fresh (1 tablespoons)
- 30 ml chives, finely chopped (2 tablespoons)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄3 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- Chop the ingredients with a sharp knife, by hand: you do not want a mush. The ingredients should retain their taste and integrity. Mix all ingredients lightly but well with a fork.
- Form into 2 pretty shapes, garnish to taste, and serve with Melba toast or thin toast triangles.
- OR divide between small toasted bread shapes, and serve as small snacks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a widow, retired, and I love cooking. I live on the coast in South Africa and I love seafood. You're welcome to my recipes (all kinds, definitely not just seafood!) Just remember that no recipe is ever cast in stone -- adjust to your taste! The photo was taken at a rustic seaside restaurant on our West Coast, approx 1 year ago (2016).