- Ready In:
- Mix thoroughly 1/3 cup soup, beef, breadcrumbs, egg and salt.
- Shape into 6 oval patties.
- In skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove and crumble.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons drippings.
- Brown patties in drippings.
- Stir in remaining soup, wine and seasonings.
- Cover, simmer 20 minutes or until done.
- stir occasionally.
- Serve over cooked noodles; garnish with bacon.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have not made this dish in at least 15 years. I had lost my copy. Made it last night and OMG! My husband and I did not even speak except to keep saying how wonderful it was and wish we had remembered it sooner.<br/>Only thing is I believe it needs more sauce. Next time I'm going to double the sauce.
This was great. I loved the texture of the patties. I didn't have any wine so I substituted chicken stock. It was the first time that my DH didn't get up from the table and grab his jar of hot sauce to smother the innocent pattie on his plate! If it's not between two burger buns he is leary. Thanks for this recipe. I'd like to try making meatballs with this combination, great flavor.