Salami and Ricotta Pizzas
- Ready In:
- 2 (30 cm) prepared pizza crust (bases round)
- 400 g cherry tomatoes (canned)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 350 g pizza cheese (shredded)
- 100 g kalamata olives (pitted sliced)
- 2 Japanese eggplants (thinly sliced diagonally)
- 150 g salami (thinly sliced mild or what you like)
- 250 g ricotta cheese (fresh)
- 1⁄4 cup basil (leaves)
- 200 g mixed salad greens (to serve)
- Preheat oven to 230C (210C fan forced).
- Place pizza bases on 2 large oven trays.
- Combine tomato and sugar in a small bowl and stir to dissolve sugar and then spoon tomato mix evenly over bases, crushing slightly with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle with half the pizza cheese and then top with the olives and eggplant and sprinkle with remaining pizza cheese and then top with the salami and then bake for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the ricotta and bake for 2-3 minutes more or until ricotta is just heated.
- Remove pizzas from oven and sprinkle with basil and pepper.
- Serve with salad.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
With the demise of the forums and with no more interaction on site with what was a great community and it was a pleasure to get to know so many of you over the years and to have had the privilege of meeting some of you in person. For me now this is just another recipe site like to many on the net, it has lost its specialness, such a pity especially when Scripps changed the name from Recipezaar to Food.com and made this statement sorry cannot replicate here as considered invalid but they basically said yes the community was valuable hence .com was short for community but it was a pack of lies as they were not willing to put the money into that community and got rid of the forums which was the community so for .com has become .crap.